Description: Identifies the in-store salesperson who best exemplifies the characteristics of professionalism, service and expertise.
Qualification: Sales professional with a minimum 2 years of experience under a licensed business (company or sole proprietor). Sales must be their primary duty (minimum 75 percent) within the business, unless the business uses a single person to perform most duties.
Nomination Process: A salesperson may nominate himself / herself, which automatically qualifies the nominee to be voted on by the mobile electronics industry. Nominees must create and submit a video with a maximum running time of 5 minutes. Nominations are uploaded to YouTube (public or private) and the links are sent to the magazine staff.
The video need not be professionally produced, but it must answer the following:
- Name, years of experience, number of years at current location
- Description of your sales technique or strategy
- People, lessons or experiences that positively influence your performance
- How co-workers would describe you
- Biggest challenge (personal or professional) you’ve overcome in the past year
- What you want customers to remember about their sales experience with you
- Why should you be Salesperson of the Year
Selection Process: Video submissions are used as a basis for industry voting. Industry professionals as well as consumers are allowed to vote. Industry votes count as one vote per person. Consumer votes are weighted based on the number of industry notes received. Four finalists are determined and announced after all votes are verified and counted, and consumer votes are weighted appropriately.
Award Process: Magazine staff and select judges will vote based on submitted materials to determine the Salesperson of the Year. The winner is announced at the Mobile Electronics Industry Awards gathering in August. The winner receives an award and certificate, as well as a digital certificate and logos for marketing.