Description: Recognizes the vendor in each of 5 product groups that best exemplifies the characteristics of professionalism, service and expertise, as voted by peers, staff and judges throughout the Industry Awards process. Product groups are as follows:
- Autosound and Video – components or technology produced specifically to enhance the audio listening experience (speakers, amplifiers, DSP)
- Accessories and Materials – components or technology that improve upon the look, style and/or function of existing vehicle components or standard components that accompany aftermarket products
- Connectivity and Integration – components or technology that connect outside or higher quality media to integrated systems, wired or wirelessly, for the purpose of providing information or entertainment (head units, integration modules)
- Safety and Driver Assistance – components or technology that arm the driver with information to improve road awareness, increase efficiency and minimize mishaps
- Security and Convenience – components or technology produced specifically to protect a vehicle and contents from theft, automate convenience features drivers or retain / regain ownership of the vehicle and its contents
Qualification: Company must offer mobile electronics products as a mainstream category of its business. The product category must match the selected award product group.
Nomination Process: A vendor may nominate itself or be nominated by a mobile electronics industry vendor or retailer. This automatically qualifies the business to be voted on by the mobile electronics industry. Nominees are invited to submit a video highlighting why they should receive the award, with a maximum running time of 5 minutes. Nominations are uploaded to YouTube (public or private) and the links are sent to the magazine staff.
The video need not be professionally produced, but it must answer the following:
- Basics of how long in business, shipping locations, number of employees
- Business philosophy / mission statement
- How your products meet consumer demand and retail profitability
- Extraordinary retail service elements
- Beneficial retail program elements
- Biggest challenge you’ve overcome in the past year
Selection Process: Video submissions are used as a basis for industry voting. Only industry professionals are allowed to vote. The top 3 finalists are determined and announced after all votes are verified and counted.
Award Process: The winner (based on the highest number of verified votes) is announced at the Mobile Electronics Industry Awards gathering in August. The business receives an award and certificate, as well as a digital certificate and logos for marketing.