Description: Identifies 50 retail businesses that best exemplify the characteristics of professionalism, service and expertise.
Qualification: A publicly accessible, licensed brick-and-mortar or mobile business that has a dedicated mobile electronics department with full sales, retail and installation support. The business must have been open for a minimum of two years, regardless of location. (Home-based business must meet the same criteria and be licensed by local municipality to operate a mobile electronics retail business in its location, including installation.)
Nomination Process: Each applicant nominates their store. The nominee must also have a person who will “second” the nomination. This person must be unrelated to the store and must also be an industry professional (working for an industry manufacturer, supplier, distributor, affiliate company, or a retail location not related to the applicant’s retail location. Customers and non-professional enthusiasts are not eligible.)
Applicants must create and submit a video with a maximum running time of 5 minutes. Nominations are uploaded to YouTube (public or private) and the links are sent to the magazine staff.
The video need not be professionally produced, but it must answer the following:
- Basics of how long in business, number of locations, location type, number of employees
- Business philosophy / mission statement
- Sales performance over the past three years / WHY (important to know the reasons for sales increases or decreases)
- What makes your business unique
- Biggest challenge you’ve overcome in the past year
- Why your location or chain should be part of the Top 50 Retailers
- Video walkthrough – customer experience from parking lot to cash register
- Video walkthrough – employee areas
- Still shots of any required documents (does not count against the 5-minute limit)
Selection Process: Magazine staff and select judges will vote based on submitted materials to determine the Top 50 Retailers.
Award Process: Winners are announced via Mobile Electronics Magazine’s Hotwire newsletter, and listed in an upcoming issue of the magazine. Winners receive a signed certificate and press release via mail, as well as digital versions of each and logos for marketing.