Description and Qualification: Recognizes retail locations that have demonstrated a superior practice in one of four categories:
- Most Improved Location or Chain – applies to a retail location or chain that has made a vast improvement in the past 12 months
- Best Online Presence (website, social media, YouTube, etc.) – applies to retail locations that use the Web to engage online consumers and convert them into paying brick-and-mortar customers
- Best Customer Retention Program – applies to any activities used to stay in contact with former customers and incentivize them to repeat
- Best Customer Experience – applies to stores that provide a welcoming, informative and engaging in-store experience while maintaining a strategic focus on profitability through proper product / display placement
Nomination Process: Each applicant nominates their store. Applicants must create and submit a video with a maximum running time of 5 minutes. Nominations are uploaded to YouTube (public or private) and the links are sent to the magazine staff.
The video need not be professionally produced, but it must answer the following:
- Basics of how long in business, number of locations, location type, number of employees
- Business philosophy / mission statement
- Business, sales, service or marketing practices that make the location deserving of the award
Selection Process: Video submissions are used as a basis for industry voting. Only industry professionals are allowed to vote. The top 3 finalists are determined and announced after all votes are verified and counted.
Award Process: Winners are announced via Mobile Electronics Magazine’s Hotwire newsletter, and listed in an upcoming issue of the magazine. Winners receive a signed certificate and press release via mail, as well as digital versions of each and logos for marketing.