Description: Recognizes the vendor in each of 5 product groups that best exemplifies the characteristics of professionalism, service and expertise, as voted by peers, staff and judges throughout the Industry Awards process. Product groups are as follows:
- Autosound and Processing – products or technology produced specifically to enhance the audio listening experience after the head unit (speakers, amplifiers, DSP)
- Accessories and Materials – products or technology that improve upon the look, style and/or function of existing vehicle components or standard components that accompany aftermarket products
- Infotainment and Multimedia – products or technology that provide consumers with a control interface and enable access to audio / video entertainment, information, portable device integration and connected services
- Safety, Security and Driver Assistance – products or technology that deter theft, aid in vehicle recovery, enhance convenience, improve road awareness, increase efficiency and/or minimize mishaps
- Powersports and Marine – products or technology in any of the other categories that are specially designed for marine and/or offroad use
Qualification: Company must offer mobile electronics products as a mainstream category of its business. The product category must match the selected award product group.
Nomination Process: A vendor may nominate itself or be nominated by a mobile electronics industry vendor or retailer. This automatically qualifies the business to be voted on by the mobile electronics industry.
Nominees must to submit a video highlighting why they should receive the award, with a maximum running time of 10 minutes. Nominations are uploaded to YouTube (public or private) and the links are sent to the magazine staff.
The video need not be professionally produced, but it must answer the following:
- Basics of how long in business, shipping locations, number of employees
- Business philosophy / mission statement
- How your products meet consumer demand and retail profitability
- Extraordinary retail service elements
- Beneficial retail program elements
- Biggest challenge you’ve overcome in the past year
Selection Process: Video submissions are used as a basis for industry voting. The top 3 finalists are determined and announced after all votes are verified and counted.
Award Process: The winner (based on the highest number of verified votes) is announced at the Mobile Electronics Industry Awards gathering in August. The business receives an award and certificate, as well as a digital certificate and logos for marketing.