Description: Recognizes the vendor in each of eight (8) product groups that best exemplifies the characteristics of professionalism, service and expertise, as voted by peers, staff and judges throughout the Industry Awards process. Product groups are as follows:
- Autosound and Processing – products or technology produced specifically to enhance the audio listening experience after the head unit (speakers, amplifiers, DSP)
- Accessories and Materials – products or technology that improve upon the look, style and/or function of existing vehicle components or standard components that accompany aftermarket products
- Infotainment and Multimedia – products or technology that provide consumers with a control interface and enable access to audio / video entertainment, information, portable device integration and connected services
- Safety, Security and Driver Assistance – products or technology that deter theft, aid in vehicle recovery, enhance convenience, improve road awareness, increase efficiency and/or minimize mishaps
- Marine (formally Powersports and Marine) – products or technologies in any of the other categories that are specially designed for marine use.
- Lighting – products or technology related to lighting and appearance for automotive, marine, and power sports, lighting solutions.
- OEM Integration – products or technology that integrates into an automobile’s electrical/data systems for audio, video, steering wheel control, remote start, and or any product or technology that allows for integration for an installed product.
- Motorcycle and Powersports – products or technologies in any of the other categories that are specially designed for motorcycle and/or offroad use.
Qualification: Company must offer mobile electronics products as a mainstream category of its business. The product category must match the selected award product group.
Nomination Process: A vendor may nominate itself or be nominated by a mobile electronics industry vendor or retailer. This automatically qualifies the business to be voted on by the mobile electronics industry.
Nominees may submit a video highlighting why they should receive the award, with a maximum running time of 10 minutes. Nominations are uploaded to YouTube (public or private) and the links are sent to the magazine staff.
The video need not be professionally produced, but it must answer the following:
- Basics of how long in business, shipping locations, number of employees
- Business philosophy / mission statement
- How your products meet consumer demand and retail profitability
- Extraordinary retail service elements
- Beneficial retail program elements
- Biggest challenge you’ve overcome in the past year
Selection Process: Video submissions are used as a basis for industry voting. The top 3 finalists are determined and announced after all votes are verified and counted.
Award Process: The winner (based on the highest number of verified votes) is announced at the Mobile Electronics Industry Awards. The business receives an award and certificate, as well as a digital certificate and logos for marketing.