Description and Qualification: Recognizes retail locations that have demonstrated a superior practice in one of five categories:
- Most Improved Location or Chain – applies to a retail location or chain that has made a vast improvement in the past 12 months
- Best Online Presence (website, social media, YouTube, etc.) – applies to retail locations that use the Web to engage online consumers and convert them into paying brick-and-mortar customers
- Best Customer Retention Program – applies to any activities used to stay in contact with customers to build rapport and encourage repeat business
- Best Customer Experience – applies to stores that provide a welcoming, informative and engaging in-store experience while maintaining a strategic focus on profitability through proper product / display placement
- Best Store Culture – applies to a retail location that promotes a positive work environment in which employees feel valued and empowered, and the results are reflected in low turnover and business growth
Nomination Process: Each applicant nominates their store. Applicants must create and submit a video with a maximum running time of 10 minutes. Nominations are uploaded to YouTube (public or private) and the links are sent to the magazine staff.
The video need not be professionally produced, but it must answer the following:
- Basics of how long in business, number of locations, location type, number of employees
- Business philosophy / mission statement
- Business, sales, service or marketing practices that make the location deserving of the award
Selection Process: Video submissions are used as a basis for industry voting. The top 3 finalists are determined and announced after all votes are verified and counted.
Award Process: Winners are announced via Mobile Electronics Magazine’s Hotwire newsletter, and listed in an upcoming issue of the magazine. Winners receive a signed certificate and press release via mail, as well as digital versions of each and logos for marketing.